Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday - Day 3

We started off the day eating breakfast and having a tour of part of the city. Mind you this city is only 2 square miles.
One of the most memorable spots for me was a Zen cafe and meditation place. I think we as Christians should learn from them about community. The cafe is all donation based, and the workers are all volunteering. Everyone sees each other as a equal and in meditation they attempt to have a state of peace that is not limited to their time in meditation but as they interact with others and through their work they are able to have that peace. Do not hear me wrong I do not believe that they have it completely right because there is no "supreme being" or God. But one of the ladies there (I don't remember her name) basically called us the Church out by saying its not just a Sunday morning you do good then do whatever you want. They try to live it out everyday.
If we the body where to live out life attempting to share the Joy Love and Peace that we have been given, I think she would have been more likely to have her heart soften to Christianity instead of Zen... So my prayer is for the Church to live life as if everyone is watching (because NEWS FLASH THEY ARE)
Later on we went to church and had time where we actually prayed for each other, actually supported each other. people where so willing to share what was going on in there lives. Pray for Preston that he can get a Job (and the other 40% of the jobless people in Hamtramck) and for Mary and her Son; she has cancer again and he wants her to have a stronger assurance of her faith.
The final thing we did was play soccer with some random kids at the park. This is exactly what I would want part of my ministry to look like when I have graduated; I want to just bring some things out for kids to play with and spend time with them on a regular basis. It was a HUGE blessing to see kids just enjoy playing with us. Oh and I was called an old lady... BAHA HA HA But pray for me that God would continue to reveal to me what His plan is for me in His timing.
Ana Kaufman <><

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for Preston Mary and her son! thanks Anabug for the updates.

    ReplyDelete