It is our last day :( I already miss Hamtramck and look forward to possibly go back again. God has so much in my life and I pray that I have bless those I've worked with as much as I've been blessed.
We started off the day and one of our team members (Kari) got sick :( so instead of going with the rest of the team to the community garden for ground breaking, I stayed back with Kari to make sure she was doing ok. She is doing better now praise the Lord.
At about 11 some people can by the church for a weed and seed project. Weed and Seed is an initiative that Pastor Sharon takes part in, weed out Crime and seed in Hope (for her its the Hope of Jesus) this project is to place house #s on the back ally side of the house for the protection of the citizens. If a neighbor needs to report something they can just look outside their backdoor to see the house #. Also for the police if they need to be discrete and go down the ally they will not need backup to make sure they are going into the right house. There is a lot of signs that had to be cut and painted but unfortunately we didn't finish them all.
After we where done with that we cleaned up and had our debrief before dinner. This week has stretched me a lot and I pray that the change is permanent. God is the prefect example of unity (Father Son and YES the much forgotten about HOLY SPIRIT too) and we can only be unified if we have the common Goal of seeking God with all our heart. Humility is only possible when we realize our position is under Christ, our identity is secure in Him, and we seek to make His name known and desire to touch others. Intentionality is Key. It is so easy to say that we are intentional but unless the other person knows exactly why an action is done, its meaningless.
We wrapped up the night by going to Abby and Andrews house and enjoying our time with some of the ESL students. There was even some traditional dancing that we where able to witness. I am going to miss those girls a lot.
I am so thankful for the staff Sharron, Brad, Abby, Andrew, and Jonathon. They put a lot of time and effort into their city and they come about it in such an intentional humble way. I Thank the Lord we had a chance to partner with them and share their heart. Acts 29 has their work set out before them and need our prayers. My part of my heart will be left there in Hamtramck as I now I am back safely in my dorm room.
Thank you God for all that you have done and are going to do.
Ana Kaufman <><
PS Pictures are to be added soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment