Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hamtramck -Day 5

OVERWHELMED, that is how I am feeling right now. Today I spent time helping to teach ESL (English as a Second Language) and worked with Women from Bangladesh and Yemen. They where such beautiful women and they are full of personality; ready to learn. I do not remember all of their names but one from Yemen smiled all the time and was a joy to talk to, you could tell that she loved being there. Noor was the same way in the next class but she was a chatter box loved life and wanted to learn. We learned that she has a son that has mental issues, PLEASE PRAY FOR HER AND HER SON. After teaching 2 different classes Megan, Kari and myself asked Abby (one of the workers and teachers at Acts 29) questions about these women and their families and also questions about Hamtramck. My heart breaks for this city I can't even begin to describe what is going on. I found that out more as the night went on.
The next unexpected thing that I was able to do was go to Mary's house to build a porch for her front yard. The work was fun but I did not do much because when you start talking to Mary she doesn't stop. We talked a lot about politics (and no we did not get into a yelling match) but eventually I got a taste of humanitarian science or something like that... to say the least she believes that her science is her god and we are just simply energy that is neither created or destroyed. I pray that she will see God and Jesus as the TRUE WAY not Jesus who showed the way but IS THE WAY.
We ended the night by doing Street Evangelism, I was super nervous. Now I know God can give me boldness and it should actually be something that we constantly do. Every time we do something nice for someone tell them why! and use the name of JESUS. Although no one was lead to the Lord in the group that I went with, I saw my team members bless a Woman's Socks of and Abby now will be able to continue to talk to a man in the CVS pharmacy that she and her husband shops at all the time. God really stretch me and pushed me today and I like it.
Pray for humility for me God has really pushed me in that area and continues to show me more and more why this is essential.

Ana Kaufman <><

No comments:

Post a Comment