Today was a weird day. I don't remember waking up and through out the day I felt like I was just in a fog.
We had ESL classes again today and I was able to work with the same group of ladies that I worked with yesterday. But before that I and 3 others acted out a Bible story and Pastor Sharon used the Drama to explain some vocabulary to the women in her class. It is great that we are able to preach the gospel to them without having to worry about breaking the law here, and they have the freedom to switch religions in the legal sense here. I love hearing the women laugh though, being in class brings them so much joy in their lives.
Next we rushed over to a middle school and we worked with the students to help them understand History. The concept is similar to the bible quizzing but we help them learn their history instead. To start off however the people of Acts 29 give a moral standard. The moral standard is Biblically based and is aimed at teaching the youth some morals because it is easy to see that there is not many taught to the children. This weeks moral went along the lines of: A sin forgotten shows love, one that is talked about separates close friends. Are team was really good at learning the material, but unfortunately they did not win :( That's ok they did well. Be praying that God will use Acts 29's witness there to help improve the school and be praying for the children of Hamtramck that they would see the HOPE that God gives.
After that, Alicia, Shannon and myself rushed over to a school to read some books to children in classrooms. I was TERRIFIED when I found out that I would be reading a book to kids because I am not the best at reading aloud. I thought I was just going to sit in and see all that was going on and see how the other school ran. Although most people only read to one classroom, I was sent to 2 different ones to read. The first classroom was very ridged and the teachers was uptight, but the second one I had fun reading to them (actually I read 2 books there). Praise God He gave me the strength.
These children are in need of love and attention. Pray that God will bring people to Hamtramck and to Acts 29 to give them that love they so desperately need.
Ana Kaufman <><
No comments:
Post a Comment