Saturday, March 31, 2012

Reflection

Unity is ESSENTIAL. No matter what you are doing if there is not unity between the people working with you, your work seems like a waste of time in one way or another.

While reflecting on not only Hamtramck but also the missions trip that I took a year ago with the soccer team to Costa Rica. I am hit with the differences between the two and well in basically boils down to one thing... UNITY

Unity for the body is something that we all have heard at least once or twice (maybe a few more times then that) but how many times have we stopped to see what that actually means and how it is obtained? Most simply put unity is only obtained when people have a common goal, for example Pastor Sharon has gathered together several religious leaders in her community to gather together to fight against the crime rate and because they all have that common goal their unity has had an effect on the their community. If you were to take that factor away eventually there would not be unity unless they came up with another common goal.

We as Christians have one thing that will never change and can never be taken away from us. Psalm 27 tells us to SEEK the face of the Lord. Matt 5:8 "Blessed are the pure at heart for they will see God" is telling us to have our hearts set to one thing (pure- of one substance ie pure gold or with out blemish, nothing added to or subtracted from. If we the body are so set on focusing on God and seeing His work to be done in the world I think our body would have more unity.

Another reason why I bring this up is because I desire unity for the students of Crown College. I am not trying to bash Crown at all I just know unity is a struggle for our school. (Myself totally included) We act as if we are friends to everyone but when we get the chance we don't always speak about uplifting things about or to each other and not even in a correcting way. I am not the only one that is aware of this and there are those who are going to God and seeking His face; they are seeking guidance from God and and interceding on behalf of the school as a whole.

Tonight I just received word that 3 men of God are calling together those they know of who have the same heart and vision for Crown to be praying for the school in many different ways. I ask you to join us and pray over our prayer meeting. This is not their first meeting nor will it be their last.
Be praying for:
Unity (in the group and in Crown AND in the Body as a whole)
against Spiritual Warfare
God focused hearts

Ana Kaufman <><

1 comment:

  1. If you want to read what the Church had to say about us you can read it here: http://www.acts-29.org/2012/03/crown-mission-team-2012/
    (and no we did not pay them to say that)

    ReplyDelete